Friday, November 2, 2007

Superbug!

Well, really, I wasn't particularly worried about the antibiotic-resistant superbug that's been floating around, although a Federal Way man just died of it, but I just ran across a fairly authoritative post on how to avoid catching Superbugs. It's by Nurse William, a blogger I've never heard of, but I like his attitude. Here's a sample of his advice:

ANY old soap is "antibacterial" when used correctly; All you have to do is make
LOTS of suds. Its the suds that make a soap antibacterial. "Really?" you ask.
"How so?" you ask. Well, settle down and I will tell you: Suds form micelles
around dirt and bacteria and lift them from the skin's surface to be rinsed away
to the black hell from whence they came.

The post is at http://nursewilliam.blogspot.com/2007/10/truth-about-mrsa-without-media-panic.html.

No comments: