Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Daylight savings, or, I want my hours back

Prof. Calandrillo has published an argument for keeping daylight savings year-round. It's here:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/338554_daylight07.html

He's absolutely right, though his reasons are all wrong. Biannual time changes are hideous. Spring, of course, is obviously a problem: we lose an hour of sleep. Fall, once upon a time, seemed like the better side of the coin, the cool side of the pillow, as it were. But NO! It turns out that when the time changes, the little darlings get up an hour EARLIER. What used to be a 7 a.m. wakeup is now a 6 a.m. wakeup. Logically, you would think that would mean that they would go to bed an hour earlier, yes? No! They do not.

I am not sure where my hour went, but I want to file an appeal. I'm with Prof. Calandrillo, though my reasons may differ. Come to think of it, he has kids....

No comments: