Sunday, July 27, 2008

Graduation photos

Hey PALS, graduation photos, finally! I don't have many pix from graduation but the few I have are posted below. If anyone has more please feel free to add them or email them to me and I'll post them.
Ray thought to bring her camera on stage, clever woman, and snapped these of her, me, Louis and Laura just as we were about to cross the stage:


Karen and Nathan after the ceremony: (I stole this off Facebook)


Laura and Allegra:


These are the professional photographer's pix of me with my daughters getting their pretend diplomas, and Louis posing on stage with his son:

The ceremony itself was great (for me, anyway -- my 3-year-old was trying my husband's patience, but I knew nothing of that, blissfully partying on stage with my buddies). At times the speeches seemed to run a tad long, but actually the ceremony ended right on time. Dean Hicks was a great emcee, I really liked him and thought, dang, I should've taken a class from that guy.
Tips for next year's 3Ls: Dress as light as you can because those robes get HOT under the lights. Carry a little passport wallet with your camera (and a snack! I would've passed out if not for Ray's Luna bar). If you're going to have your kids walk with you, when you are lining up back stage, finagle your way to the front so you can walk across early, so your kids don't have to wait around until the end of the ceremony. Mine walked the stage with me, then my husband took them straight out to the lobby to play until the ceremony was over.
And, by the way, note of appreciation for our administration -- I have a friend at Gonzaga, and there, kids aren't ALLOWED on stage at graduation. Man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on graduating!
The Luna bar tip is wonderful :)

Michelle
Graduation Stoles