Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blog-o-rama, or, we all need distractions

One of my favorite bloggers is on a road trip around the country, visiting her readers and fellow bloggers, so I stopped by to have coffee with her on Tuesday when she was in Seattle. It was fun to meet her and a couple of other bloggers in person.

I tend to read parenting blogs (sometimes called "mommy blogs") because reading other parents' stories about dealing with kid and family problems sometimes helps me with my own, or at least puts a little perspective on mine. Then there are the humor blogs, the catty fashion blogs, the (gasp) legal blogs... Do you read any blogs, and if so, which ones?

Here are a few that I visit occasionally:

Humor/parenting blogs
dooce
thepioneerwoman
whoopee
iambossy
the bloggess
othejoys

snarky blogs
mamapop -- pop culture from a mom's perspective!
gofugyourself
I used to read more of these -- what's good?

law blogs
trialadnotes -- holla, mary!
Decision of the day

What else? What great blogs did I leave out?










Lisa and Bossy of iambossy

I like this better than my pix from prom this weekend, sigh

3 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I can't believe you included me on the list of elite. You should raise your standards immediately.

Angie McCullagh said...

Thank you for including me on your list! It was much fun meeting you the other day. Perhaps another get-together is in order.

Anonymous said...

I really like this blog... it's written by an ex-Texan with a 9 month old baby who is a 3L at U. Chicago (so needless to say, I find that we have a lot in common).

http://lagliv.blogspot.com/

There are links on her blog to a lot of other good ones as well. (I seem to have a lot of time to kill during class.)