Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Baby news

Emma Kagel Berry's son was born last night (Oct. 16), and Emma, Charley and son are doing well. I'll post more details as they arrive. Emma had an outrageously easy labor, according to Charley (where can I file an appeal regarding my own birth experiences?).

Congrats also to 2L Greg Albert, whose second daughter was born during the first week of classes. And to Peter Moreno, whose wife is expecting their second daughter. There are at least four other pregnant 2Ls and 3Ls out there due to give birth during the school year.

Christal Wood, 3L, had a lovely comment this morning:

Congrats, Papa Peter!...and congrats to Ashley, too, whose baby's gonna' have one smart mama! :-)And to everyone else with a degree in the oven.... A thought occurred to me recently while I was struggling with my own hectic schedule, and wondering at how anybody handles the elevated challenge of law school, while raising one or more small children (my kid's a teenager, and I can get away with limited supervision in exchange for a different set of challenges). As an "older" parent, I wanted to remind you what a gift you're giving your children to be taking this step; in modeling perseverance, in (hopefully) an improved and more stable way of life, in the knowledge that you'll inadvertently confer, and in the enhanced protection you'll be able to give them as they navigate their way into tomorrow's society, bound to be governed in some way by an increasingly complex rule of law.Congratulations to everybody for that--here's to you, I raise my coffee cup to you, as I write this, intolerably late for class. :-) Pax. -cw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eli is a CUTIE TOOTIE. He'll be at the Fall Festival (with Mom & Dad)! Come meet him while he is TEENY TINY!